Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Did somebody say "Party?"


Ladies and Gentlemen! I am having a charity auction to support this project on Sunday June 8th from 3-5pm. The idea for this auction was born on Thursday the 22nd and found its legs on Tuesday the 27th. I was chatting with a co-worker (Thanks, Stephanie!) and she suggested throwing a party to raise money and get people aware of my project details. She also suggested that I work with Rocky, another co-worker with a penchant for catering, to get this party catered right.

So five days later here I am with $1000 worth of donated items so far. A range of items for everyone to want something. The auction will be silent and will last from 3pm to 4:15pm with auction winners announced at 4:30pm. I will be making a short slide show and presentation so everyone will know exactly my project will be doing and what they have helped to support.

Rocky is a fantastic chef and he will be making some tasty bits for everyone's bellies. Wine will be provided, white and red, and some delicious lavender lemonade and cool cucumber water for those folks who want a non-alcoholic route. The door fee is $25 for singles and $40 for couples.

There are so many folks on the invite! So far, I have invited 115 people to attend. My goal is to have 60 people in attendance and I am pretty sure I will reach my goal. Things are looking great for an auction created only 5 days ago!

Anyone who is unable to make the auction but would like to support my project is encouraged to do so. ALL sizes of donation are welcomed. $20, $25, $50, $100, $500, whatever you can do! I definitely appreciate it.

All for now. I will be posting again soon. Just have to get some papers written and get my op ed piece written for The Huffington Post!

See you all at the auction!

Click on the Donate button!




No comments: