Sunday, June 22, 2008

Belgrade!!

OK! Now for pictures of where I am staying.

Here is the sign Sonja, Christian, Marija, and Danielo used at the airport so I would see them. Sweet, no?








Here is my bedroom. Don't freak out. I just made the bed for the picture. For those who know me, it won't stay like that for long.







There is a balcony off of the bedroom and the kitchen/dining room. So cool!















This is my view from my flat. So beautiful!
































Here is where I will write the great expat american novel... or just blog.







Imelda Marcos would not be proud of my shoe collection but she would be happy with the closet space. This closet takes up almost the entire wall!







The dining room with balcony. Sonja, NGO Atina, set this up with curtains and everything so I would be comfy. Thank you Sonja!






The kitchen is attached to the dining room. Has hot plate and mini oven.







This is the hot water heater for the kitchen sink. I plug it in when I am ready to do dishes. Cool idea for saving money










The cutest little bathroom.








This is the separate water heater for the shower. Just have to be sure and not hit my head on it. Don't let the shower head and the window fool you. The window ledge hits me right at the clavicle.










So that is my place! Not too bad for my budget. I think they pulled some strings since the director of the NGO, Maja, and her sister Ivana own the flat. :) Totally worked this out for me and I am so grateful. My mom was worried that I was not staying with a host family but this is really good. I mean, I am 34 years old and really like having my own space. Especially since I have been so barfy the last couple of days. :(

Will blog more tomorrow with pics of the town.

Cheers to you all and thanks for reading and for your support of the project!


Click on the Donate button!



No comments: