Monday, June 9, 2008

YAY! The Auction was a success!

A Big Thank you going out to everyone who supported my project by either donating an item for auction, attending the auction or by bidding at the auction! After expenses, I raised almost $1200! Woohoo!!

The food was rockin', thank you Rocky! The mood was just right as people reviewed the items for bid and made their monetary case for winning the items.

People got amazing deals! My friend Amy K got 4 hours of tattoo time from Lucky Devil for $180 total! Ellen got a Citizen Ladies Eco Watch for $90! McKenna got one hour of tattoo time and a $100 gift certificate for Seattle Sun Tan for... wait for it... $70!! OMG! I am super happy that my friends got great deals and were able to splurge a bit in this really tight economy. Just goes to show how community prevails. George W is a weiner!

After all was said and done, only a few items did not go at the auction but I am working on getting those sold too! So here is the list of things to be sold!
  1. Silk Velvet Hand-painted Scarves: We have 3 left in blue, pink, and green. They have polka dots on them and they are machine washable. These sell for $35 each retail.
  2. One 1.5 hour self-defense basics course for 2-6 women at Strategic Living. This class goes for $175 retail.
  3. Wine basket: 6 crystal wine glasses, 2 bottles of wine, and a wine journal. This retails for $65.
  4. Case of 2006 Viu Manent Cabernet Sauvignon. This is AWESOME wine. This retails for $150 a case. Would prefer not to sell for less than $85 for the case of 12 bottles as that is what I paid.
  5. Case of 2007Viu Manent Chardonnay. Also AWESOME!! This retails for $150 a case. Would prefer not to sell for less than $85 for the case of 12 bottles as that is what I paid.
Please let me know if you would like to make an offer on any of these. Make your best offer and they are yours!

Well, thank you again everyone! I will be blogging again soon before I leave for Serbia.... in 8 DAYS!

PS. As you have probably noticed, my project tracker goal has changed. I am changing my plans from 3 months to 2 months as staying longer will be cost prohibitive. But hey! Now that I am only staying for 2 months I am closer to my goal! :)

Click on the Donate button!




No comments: